Friday, February 1, 2008

Update on the last 2 days..lol and TGIF...lol

Ok...lets see where to begin. Well woke up to SUN!!..yeah..after having high winds and rain yesterday the SUN is a sight for soar eyes!..and sure makes the ol bones feel good.

Ok I think the last blog I did was on Tues. So lets go to Wednesday. Wednesday I didnt have to teach so I had a day off. BUT, at 10am LK and I had a dentist appointment just for a cleaning. All turned out good. But the hygentist was running about 1/2 hr behind. I hate just waiting..but like I said LK and I turned out just fine. The office where we go is a dentist/orthodontist/whitening office. Well the dentist wants to fix my bottom tooth that has gone crooked after i stopped wearing my retainer (20 something years ago) . I said NO..I am 38 years old and I dont want braces again...lol. But he is bound determined he wants to put them on ...NOPE...I have been there and done that and DONT want to do that again...lol. So after chatting with the Dentist for a while LK and finally made it out of there. Well. LK then says.."mom can I go get a new pair of baseball pants"? He wants his own pair so he wont have to wear the baseball uniform one..cause they have elastic at the bottom. He dont like those. He likes the kind that are like "bell bottoms" they come down over his cleat. SO, we went got him 2 new pair. Then of Course he was hungry. So we stopped and ate at our local poplular Mexican resturant Casa MaƱana our favorite. SO we ate there...then of course by this time it was close to 2pm so i just took Lk back home to change for his "pizza bowl". Then off to the field. The game started at 4:30. And boy was it cold. The wind made it seem colder than it was. Well Mom sat with me in the bleachers for a bit till her back started hurting then her and Rick went to truck and moved the truck to where they could see the game. Well long story short...LKs team won in the last inning by one run...lol. So now the series was 1-1. So they played another. Well again long story short...LK team lost by 2. So now that puts the Series at 2-1. So tonight if Lks team win they will be playing another game right after..if they lose...LK will be running and the winning team will be eating pizza...lol. SO LK is hoping for a win. I will keep you posted.

So now we are on to Thurs. We get up to rain once again...Rick decideds he was going to the office (casino)..lol. So Mom and I decided we are going to get some cleaning done. We started at 10:30am and didnt finish till 1:30ish. It was so nice to have help. Mom vacuumed and cleaned 1 out of our 3 bathrooms and washed the sheets. I dusted and cleaned the other 2 bathrooms. Of couse my bathroom was the worst...lol. getting the hair spray off the counter is the worst...lol I have always been good for that..(even when I lived at home) Then the biggest chore is cleaning my big ol jet spa bathtub...Oh I hate cleaning that thing. You litterly have to get inside to clean it. Then get a old tooth brush to clean the jets. But I did it..makes me sweat every time...lol. But I do love soaking in that tub...lol Nice and deep and the jets feel wonderful. Mom got in it once on year she was here...I turned off the lighs and lighted some candles and but some bubble bath in there....and turned on the jets....when she opend her eyes...the bubbles were way over her...lol. We just laughted. I think it took us 1/2 hr to get those bubbles to go down the drain...lol. wish I had a camera...lol So anyway...my house is clean...THANKS MOM...LOVE YOU!

Now for today...Feb 1st. Sixteen years ago today I was put in the hospital while I was pregnat with Kyle. My blood pressure was off the charts. And I had toxemia. I looked like a big ol blow fish...All bloated ,,, I think I had 3 chins...lol. My wedding rings wouldnt even fit on my pinky. I was only 21 years old...in the hospital for something I didnt know or understand the word toxemia. I felt fine...I never wanted my Mother so much in life as I did right then..But I had to settle for my husband. He did do a wonderful job. Well I was bed ridden for 1 week before I even had LK. They had to enduse me on Friday the Feb 7th at 7am I didnt have LK till 3 am on Saturday...Yeah...I was worn out!...I know as soon as I was rolled back to my room I called Mom at 4am (Ohio) time...I Did IT...i said...I DID IT...lol. I was soo happy. My legs were shaking so much they had to put a warm blanket on me jus to calm me down...lol. BK took LK to the nursery..THey checked him out.. Everything was good with LK except he was running a fever and didnt know why.. They thought he had meningitus..NOPE..they ran all sort of test on him. All came out good. And to this day...either a week before or the week after he get a a fever...Every year since the day he was born...Crazy huh?? so you watch next week or the week after...he will be sick...mark my word...lol.

Mom is sewing making a baby blanket for someone...dont know who..she said for who ever...I told her she is going to jenks someone...lol. (hopefully Amber)..lol Mom loves making those blankets..and they are so warm. If I am not mistaken Mom made one for Ms Leslie. And I knew she likes hers. Just wish I got that sewing talent from Mom. I am too impatient to sew.

Then tonight is the game..well this afternoon 4:30. I will keep you all updated on that..

Tomorrow the Baseball boosters has a field cleaning day tomorrow...concession and field and going to hang up signs...mow...you know the "fun" stuff...lol. Then Sunday...is the big Super Bowl...Mom and I are making Pizza and cherry cheese cake. Monday is the Royal Gayla...All the crews for Marti Gras show off their costumes...Hope Mom will get some good pics with that. Then Tues in MARTI GRAS!!!...I will defently take some pics and post them...

Hope everyone has a Great Weekend...I hear OHIO got a ice storm...Just hope you all stay warm and thaw out soon.

Sending love

Teresa

1 comment:

Leslie Bebout said...

Cleaning with your Mom....I love that!

After Val got married I didn't do any deep cleaning for a LONG TIME!(ok, honestly..I still haven't done too much) It just isn't as much fun! We used to watch Lifetime movies on Saturday or Sunday and do commercial cleaning...when a commercial came on we would clean then head back in when the movie started again. It was fun! I still miss her!

So glad you got some sunshine. I think we are getting sunshine for our trip to Cleveland but it's still cold..high 30's but we will be grateful that we didn't get that much snow and ice.

Madison dances at the Cavs game tonight. I am so excited. Mike went last year and I remember he called me while she was dancing and he was choked up and he said.."I am so proud of her." My heart melted. I'm not missing it this year! There are about 60 dancers from 6-18 years old.

Poor Rick..he's spending alot of time in the "office."

Chad was in Natchez, Mississippi yesterday. (I think) He is back in Alabama today. He is working on a big case and spending 2 weeks down south interviewing clients..it all sounds very exciting. I wish I understood it better. He heads back home to North Carolina on Tuesday.

I need to pack and do some light cleaning before we leave. I'll check back with you all Sunday night or Monday!

hugs for everyone...